Studio Manager Midtown Yonge and Eglinton
Manager Position Description:
The Studio Manager is a full-time role and will be responsible for delivering a superior yoga experience to Yoga Tree Studio clients. The Studio Manager is the primary driver in bringing in new clients and retaining existing students to further increase memberships. Ownership of the customer experience includes control and management of the physical environment and front desk, the quality of delivery of class schedule, open communication with clients, and continuous instructor communication and development.
Essential Job Duties
Client Relations and Impression Management
- Exceptional Customer Service: Maintain a high level of customer communication through personal interaction with clients; a communication process; and by providing appropriate feedback opportunities for clients.
- Exemplify excellent customer care and assume a leadership role in providing superior customer service and respond to customer requests including refund, cancellation or questions within 24 hours. Follow up with new students to support them in practice development
- Delivery exceptional customer experience by responding to student feedback online and in the studio, conducting quarterly feedback survey, check in and interviews with students to better understand:
- A) Clients needs/expectations and strive for continuous improvement at the studio
- B) Client Demographic for marketing/retention/new client lead generation purposes
Revenue Growth and Profitability
- Prepare and complete monthly studio metrics. Implement new programs to drive traffic, improve on quality and customer-service standards.
- Responsible for continued revenue growth and profitability of the Studio by achieving monthly key metric targets as set out by the management team.
- Meeting with co-founders on a monthly basis to discuss key metrics and upcoming studio goals.
- Plan and execute class content and schedules that appeal to the local market and result in optimum attendance and yoga revenue
- Complete and submit monthly financial report and metrics
- Assist in planning and executing strategies that continuously bring new students into the studio. Create and implement programs that turn new students into permanent clients
- Collaborate with top management to identify opportunities in the retail area and improve retail sales. Complete merchandising activities and train teachers and sales staff to inspire optimum client purchases
- Assist the management team in developing ideas to create and deliver effective marketing collateral. Monitor studio homepage and provide ideas and guidance to Yoga Tree’s web designer to keep fresh, attractive, complete, and relevant
Instructor and Front Desk Schedule Development and Management
- Responsible for coordinating and managing both front desk & instructor scheduling including finding and filling for subs and vacation requests for your studio.
- Meet strict timelines to ensure timely delivery of instructor and front desk schedules
- Ensure schedules and subs are determined in a fair and unbiased way that’s based on instructor’s style, fit and retention metrics
- Attend an appropriate number of classes per week to enable the continued connection with their Yoga Tree community
- Hire, train and develop front desk team and ensure payroll budget is being met every month.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the team to encourage excellence in performance and progress in their career growth.
- Deliver constructive feedback, growth plans, and disciplinary action in a timely manner
- Uses appropriate methods to help build and engage teams and sets the direction and structure for team members, while holding senior yoga advisors accountable to the same vision.
- Sustain a high level of communication with the front desk team through productive team meeting monthly and team building events quarterly.
- Complete probation and ongoing reviews, meetings, training, and feedback sessions to facilitate productive communication and promote an environment of teamwork
- Provide regular and productive feedback to instructors on teaching skills and techniques to afford continuous personal development and class experience
Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contribution and enforcing policies and procedures.
In-Studio Retail Development and Visual Merchandising
- Plan in studio retail layouts to promote key lines
- Remerchandise product to maximize sales and react to product trends and inventory levels
- Develop and push seasonal collections and featured items
- Collaborates with the store team during sales Events to efficiently execute sale set up and maintain visual standards during off price events
- Constantly reviews and communicates best-in-class merchandising concepts and tactics from both industry and non-industry retailers
- Works with the Operations Manager to develop an annual marketing/promotion plan for sales.
- Acts as liaison with Social Media Team to roll out promotions.
- Work with the Operations and Community Manager on the promotion of the studio operation including newsletter, contributions to the website, and internal opportunities for marketing and promotion
Studio and Supplies Maintenance
- Maintain and manage inventory system for studio and ensure an appropriate level of studio supplies so that all amenities are available for all clients at all time
- Manage activities that ensure the physical studio space meets the high Yoga Tree studio standards of excellence. Maintain the highest level of cleanliness, environment and functionality of all studio space.
- Ensure that all Sales Summary discrepancies are reconciled within 48 hours
- Review and file Cancellation Forms
- Complete and Reconcile weekly Unpaid Report, Autopay Decline, and Negative Balance reports
- Review and Audit Sales Summary to verify all sales are correct
- Complete required reporting to assist the corporate office in maintaining complete and proper financial records. Such reporting includes, but is not limited to, cash drawer receipt report and frequent statistical reporting
- Responsible for ensuring all front desk are properly documenting time clocks on home base and 100% compliance for all front desk. Complete all required employee documentation. Maintain critical employee files on-site
- Maintain all schedules, accounts, and information in MindBody Online. Ensure accurate and complete client records, financial data, and if necessary, retail inventory
- Manage the risk associated with operating a local business. Remain mindful of activities and operations of the business, and seek ways to minimize harm to clients, employees, and company assets
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Complete special projects as required (including private classes coordination and planning).
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in health and fitness or retail management related field an asset;
- Ability to work a part-time and transition to potentially a full-time schedule is a must including nights and weekends.
- Cost management and leadership skills including problem solving skills in managing operations;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills;
- Ability to develop and train workforce, build relationships and utilize skills of workforce most appropriately;
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to coordinate operation of all human resources (Front Desk, Instructor, Wellness and EEP) necessary to run the studio effectively;
- Excellent communication skills and superb customer service skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with teammates to ensure good operating practices and procedures are adhered to;
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force